Inspire Mentoring Awards 2019
WE CELEBRATED MENTORS FROM ACROSS VARIOUS SECTORS OF THE COMMUNITY
3RD ANNUAL INSPIRE MENTORING AWARDS – November 7th, 2019
The 3rd Annual Inspire Mentoring Awards took place on November 7th, 2019! The event brought together a wonderful group of supporters who believe in the power of mentoring and the importance of it in our community. Mentoring takes places across the community in many ways beyond Big Brothers Big Sisters Programs and this event celebrated mentors who come from all walks of life and who mentor all demographics of people!
The Inspire Awards celebrated these amazing individuals in our community who are dedicated to mentoring:
- INSPIRE Youth (15 to 24 years of age) – This individual demonstrates an interest in sharing of time, talent, and energy for the betterment of the community; leads by example; models leadership within their own peer group or with younger children.
- INSPIRE Imagination – This individual fosters imagination, creativity, artistry, innovation, vision, resourcefulness or entrepreneurship within the community, and motivates others as a champion of life-long learning.
- INSPIRE Leadership – This individual challenges others to grow; encourages personal development of others; leads by example; and encourages others to pursue their talents.
- INSPIRE Community Spirit – This individual fosters the development and strength of the community or country, shares time, talent, and energy for the betterment of the community by promoting peace and community spirit through advocacy or volunteer efforts.
- THE JAMES K. IRVING Lifetime Distinction in Mentoring Award – This individual is recognized for their years of advocacy work for mentoring in our community. Their impact is longstanding and has the potential to impact the future of mentoring in a number of capacities for many years to come.
Event Photos can be viewed here: